Student Housing Industry Outlook
In an unprecedented move, universities were forced to shut down this spring amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The health crisis has spurred a recession, there is worry about a second wave of the coronavirus and questions remain as to how universities will open and operate this fall. Student housing has proven to be recession proof in the past, but is it pandemic proof? Join our panel of Yardi Matrix experts for a discussion on the changing landscape of student housing amidst the current global health crisis.
You will learn:
- Student demographics and the value proposition of an on-campus college education
- Short and long-term financial impact of COVID-19 on universities
- Best and worst-case scenarios for student housing operators
- A look at early financial and operational indicators for the upcoming fall term
- Targeted areas for opportunity in the “shadow market,” where conventional multifamily may cater to students in need of housing